Oct 26, 2015

The Freeman has a new poetry editor: Sarah Skwire

The following is a note from Sarah Skwire:


Writerly types!
I am now going to be handling poetry submissions for the good folks at the Freeman. That means you know the poetry editor! Send me good stuff--liberty related or not. I like formal verse and free verse. I like elegant and exciting use of language.
The things I want to read do what e.e.cummings said here:
"At least my theory of technique, if I have one, is very far from original; nor is it complicated. I can express it in fifteen words, by quoting The Eternal Question And Immortal Answer. of burlesk, viz., 'Would you hit a woman with a child?-No, I'd hit her with a brick.' Like the burlesk comedian, I am abnormally fond of that precision which creates movement."
Accepted poems get $50, publication online, and possible inclusion in the print quarterly. If you're included in the print version, we'll send you a copy of the issue in which your poem appears.
Submissions should go to: poetry@fee.org
Full submission guidelines are available here. Ignore them at your peril:

No comments:

Post a Comment